Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My thoughts on the loss of Steve Irwin

I haven't been online and so this is coming later then i wanted. However I want to take a time out and say something about Steve Irwin. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know all about him, or that I know about all the great things he did for the animals and people of this world, but I am deeply saddened that he has left this world.

It was such a fluke the way he left us that it was obvious that it was his time. I am sad because this man enjoyed life SO SO much. This is a man who had passion for everything he did. True he loved the animals and loved his job, but he loved his family and his fans and everything about life and the world. You could see it in his eyes through a television screen! There are so many people out there who are miserable with their lives for no reason. Who sit at home and sulk and dwell on all the bad things in this world and in their lives. Yet here you have a man who was still smiling when he was on his way to the hospital to get anti venom after a snake bite. To me his motto would have been " that's the way the cookie crumbles"

He was a father of 2 kids 8 and 2 and a half and a husband. i am sad for his family and friends that knew him well. I am glad that I got to experience his passion and love for life evn if just through television airwaves.

No comments: