Saturday, August 18, 2007

Party Time III

Oh! I'm running so behind. I am never this behind on party stuff. I'm
usually so organized that I have everything ready and I'm just waiting
for the party. So now what right? Well I finally finished the
invitations. When I say finished I mean that I still have 2 more to
make and I have yet to put on the eyes or write the actual info inside.
You could kind of call that finished right? Okay, Okay I know, it's no
where near finished, but I am patting myself on the back for actually
having them all cut out and put together. Took way too much time.
So, last minute bad news, I was going to have the party
at my moms like I do every year and she tells me that it's a no go. She
insists that she told me before and I'm sorry to say, but that simply
isn't true. ( see I knew there was a good reason why I hadn't filled
out the invites yet) Could you imagine thetrauma? The new dilemma is finding a new place to host the party, hmm....the jury is still out on that one.

I know that the party is mostly for the adults (especially when it's
the first one)but I enjoy looking back at my first b day party pics and
seeing everyone that was there. I think it's a generally nice gesture
to do for your kids. Besides I like planning parties.
I received a little party checklist in the mail from toys r us. Very cute, they
mentioned something though that I was unaware of. It said in the pamphlet to register for gifts. I remember when my son turned 1 ( now 3) and I thought " I wish I could register for specific gifts" there were so many things I specifically wanted him to have. However, I didn't want to be a jerk and have people thinking they HAD to get him certain things. However, here is toys r us, telling me to register for my daughters first birthday. Interesting....I'm going to look into that more. Awesome idea is if I do say so myself.
Which brings me to what I should even ask for. We own practically every toy known to man. I want her to have new things,but we have EVERYTHING!!!
Back to the party, I will finish the invitations for sure tomorrow. No matter what I will, I just have to get them off of my mind. I'm going to go through my addresses and make sure I have every ones address so i can then address envelopes. After that I have to go back over the menu and make sure everything in that department is in order. I will mail the invites and anxiously await my R.S.V.P.'s
More to come....stay tuned

No comments: