Monday, July 16, 2007

My take on Maroon 5


I have been considering writing this blog for awhile. You see, I was putting it off because I wanted to find just the right thing to say to get my point across. The words may never come, and I can't afford to miss this opportunity.

Maroon 5's new CD (It Won't Be Soon Before Long) kicks a%$ you see I have found that listening to the CD puts me in a different place. My mind almost wanders, but not in the way that would cause you to miss your turn off on the freeway, or zone out completely. But the kind that makes it so you can think of nothing more then the music. As if you ARE the music. You may not even know the feeling he is expressing, but you become that feeling. You are who he is talking to or talking about.

Adam Levine's (lead vocals) voice is not like a voice at all, but an instrument that you can feel without understanding what he is even saying. Although his voice is heard over the awesome background music, it doesn't cut through, but flows with the sounds. It's all one easy flowing masterpiece.

The slow songs are sweet and leave a satisfied feeling in the pit of your stomach, and the up beat ones make your blood almost rush to your ears in hope that the sound will get sweeter. I LOVE THIS CD. Here is an example, put any other way and sung by any other group this would be thought of as dirty or derogatory:

See I touch myself like it's somebody else,
But to you I touch oh,
Oh na na oh I miss you

When you hear the song, as he says it, you won't even hear it, it's like it's part of you.

My musical taste has never been picky, but I know AWESOME when I hear it, and this my friends is awesome. No matter who you are, this CD will make you a fan.
Maroon 5 Official Website

No comments: